Tuesday, July 27, 2010

racist cookie

Today I got a fortune cookie that said:

Fortune Cookie Say: Your sensitivity is an asset.

I like that fortune cookies are embracing racial stereotypes and giving up on grammar.

Should I take up the 30 day blogging challenge? Can I substitute boring topics with more interesting topics? I mean...as long as it's an entry...If I do, the first topic is Favorite Song. That's an incredibly hard choice, since it's so easy to get sick of songs or have them ruined through the use of ringtones and bad memories. However, there are two songs I never skip on the radio, my ipod, anything. And I skip a lot on my ipod- probably 75% of the songs that come up I skip, just because they don't fit my mood at the moment.
Closing Time- Semisonic
Bittersweet Symphony- The Verve
These two songs are obviously not the greatest songs ever written and they're both incredibly 90's. Yet, (and I can't explain exactly why), they just seem to resonate with my internal rhythm. I remember reading an article where scientists and musicians used god know's what complicated math to find out the "note" that earth sends out- a part of a harmony with the universe. Maybe these songs have my personal harmony...

I want to see the rest
of the pictures from the photoshoot. Maybe when I'm 80 I'll show my grandkids and say "look- I didn't always have these liverspots!"





3 comments:

  1. I actually think "Bittersweet Symphony" is a classic and one of the greatest songs of all-time, no joke.

    And yes! Do the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah ok I will. And yes, that song is daaaaamn good

    ReplyDelete