Monday, July 26, 2010

Remember when...

I'm remembering the days when I had my very embarrassing livejournal, that's still floating around in google-land somewhere. Every week or so there would be some survey we'd all take (and by we I mean pretty much all of my friends from high school and their livejournals). I feel like taking the surveys was just a roundabout way of finding out who'd had sex, who'd done drugs, who got drunk the most. It was an online not-so-private diary entry competition of "experience" one-upsmanship ( god how do you spell that? CAN you spell it?).

I kind of feel that, after high school, after prom, first boyfriends, one night stands, drugs, college, studying abroad and the simple fact that none of us need a fake ID to get in anywhere- the experience game is kind of finished. I guess all that comes next is the career, the marriage, the house- and none of those things are particularly sexy. So now maybe the answers could be more honest and less "look what I've done!". Lemme try it...

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? I should stop waking up so late so I have time to put on some decent makeup. 2. How much cash do you have on you? $35 right now, which for me is a big deal since I normally have zero. 3. What's a word that rhymes with "DOOR?" Whore 4. Favorite planet? Earth. Hippppiiee diiipppieee 5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? My boyfriend's roommate- as said boyfriend forgot to bring his phone this weekend. 6. What is your favorite ring on your phone? I got over songs as ringtones like 3 years ago (I know, I'm so cool). Actually it was because the sound of my phone ringing gave my anxiety, so if I made my favorite song my ringtone, when I heard it i'd associate it with anxiety. Ruined a lot of songs that way. 7. What shirt are you wearing? My yellow American Apparel sweatshirt. Cozy enough to wear as a shirt. 8. Do you "label" yourself? No, but I've been labeled. Hipster, artsy, nerdy, and persian. That's right, persian. 9. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing? Vans 10. Bright or Dark Room? Bright 11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I don't know Random Google Search Entry person. 13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Leaving Brandon's house and then getting ready for bed. 14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "It's hilarious"- Brandon talking about the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode on right now. 15. Where is your nearest 7-11? There aren't a lot of things that are near my house- and nothing especially convenient. 16. What's a word that you say a lot? "honestly", which completely defeats the purpose of the word. Oh, and "literally" 17.Who told you he/she loved you last? Brandon 18. Last furry thing you touched? Kewe! 19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? eh, we'll not discuss that here for fear of the world wide web search queries. 20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? Wow, this is an old survey. 21. Favorite age you have been so far? 21 was pretty good. But so was 11. 22. Your worst enemy? Anxiety
23. What is your current desktop picture?
I posted it.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "I wasn't paying attention"
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? A million bucks.
26. Do you like someone? Yes 27. The last song you listened to? Hysteric- Yeah Yeah Yeahs. So good that song could make me cry

No comments:

Post a Comment